Monday, February 1, 2010

Grandma Day

When my first grandchild was born -- Claire -- in January, 2001, I made a committment to keep her one day a week.  My daughter Katie was going to be a working mom and I wanted to give little Claire a break in the middle of the week from her day care.  I have kept that committment for 9 years and 4 Moreno grandkids!  I have been so blessed to have been able to spend this quality time with them.  Currently, Grandma Day is Wednesdays.  Around 7:30 a.m. my little Farmer comes in the back door.  He is usually dressed as a football player (Bengal or Green Bay Packer) or he has his farmer work clothes on.  Archer shows up with his mommy moments later and our day begins!  Farmer's favorite breakfast is mini-pancakes.  He also loves to squeeze his own orange juice (he likes to go out and pick them first).  So our day begins . . . we have done all kinds of things throughout the years.  I've taught them all (except baby Archie) how to make cookies, especially chocolate chip.  We put together puzzles, read books, make tents, etc.  Claire and Bauer are picked up from their school at 2:20 p.m. (usually by Grandpa) and they join the fun until their mom picks them all up around 5 p.m.  Of course I am totally exhasted by the time they all leave -- but it is soooo worth it.  Here are some pictures from our last Grandma Day.

Squeezing the oranges

Yum!

Archer is ready for breakfast too!

Farmer on his tractor, ready to go play in the mud (he wasn't supposed to, but that didn't stop him.  I guess he just couldn't resist).

No comments:

Post a Comment